Which brings me to some recent questions I'm reflecting on today. I'm feeling tired this week and a big part of that is that I have not been getting enough sleep and feel like I'm getting a little sick. But I've also just been tired with my running. I'm hitting a lull with my "go get 'em" attitude and I'm starting to question where I'm at with running for fitness and fun vs. training for some big goals. Here are some questions I'm asking myself this week:
1. Why am I training? For fun, fitness, Personal Records, to push myself to entirely new levels of performance?? Why?
2. How serious do I want to be with running over the next few months, years? Do I want to take it up a notch or two and try for some serious serious Personal records or do I want to just enjoy where I'm at and have fun with it?
3. Time for me to set some 1/2 or full marathon time goals! It is kind of scary putting a time goal out there. Always makes me feel vulnerable and like I have more to lose. It is that fear of failure thing.
I included these questions in my running journal today before I wrote this blog. I hope to have some answers for myself soon. Here are a couple snapshots into my journal for today:
The Hippie Chick Half Marathon is my half marathon on May 8th! Super excited about it! Note Julie's (from Hot Legs Runner) running sticker! Thanks Julie. I keep all my running stickers from all you awesome bloggers in my running journal. Perfect place to be inspired by them.
* So glad you all were amused by my messy house pictures and mad cleaning skillz video from my last post. Your comments made me smile.
* Don't forget about my Hydration Belt Giveaway!
What about you? What are your answers to some of these questions I am reflecting on this week? I'd love to hear how you would answer these for your own life!
What are some time goals you have for running and what distances are your goals for?