So....list form it is tonight.
Things that make me Smile about today:
- Happy giggly girls this morning running out of the house to catch the bus
- A little boy who was in such a good mood all day! This is big for us!
- A bit of time to connect with a special person this morning while my son made Christmas cards for his teacher while chitter chattering to me in his sweetest voice
- Deciding to slow down and simplify a few specific things in my life. One thing I've decided to do is cut out Christmas cards this year and be okay with it! Instead, I've decided to reach out and connect in meaningful ways with those people in my life who are important but that I rarely talk to. Today this meant making a few phone calls and sending some personal heart felt messages. I felt good about using my time in this way. Made my heart feel bigger and definitely filled my world with love. One of the people I called was my cross country and track coach from high school (who was also very much a father role in my life from the time I was 14 until even now)...It felt really nice to reconnect with him and laugh like we used to.
- Time spent tutoring reading and writing...being a part of something I'm most passionate about
- Making myself actually sit down and read. Even if only for 10 minutes. I read a ton but so much of it here and there...parts of books. I want to make more time for just sitting down and reading a book from cover to cover to enjoy and learn. The underlining/writing in the margins kind of reading/studying.
- A solid 40 minutes of park play time with my son. Where I kind of felt like I was 4 again. No phone, no distractions. I was really lost in our imaginary world. I think we were bat astronauts. Pretty radsauce. We even slept upside down with our space helmets on.
- The beautiful 50ish degree day.
Things that make me Excited about life right now:
|Just look at that sunshine! Cool, crisp, and blue skies!|
- Running is so fun right now! I'm in a really good place with base building and I feel happy about Boston training. I am at a different place with training than I have been in the past. So much of it is about JOY right now. And slowing down. Because of that, I feel myself getting stronger and running happier. This week has been another good week of training with a fun track workout on Tuesday that left me smiling and feeling so whole!
- My easy slow 17 mile run planned for tomorrow. Covering the distance is the name of the game for me. I plan to turn my watch around and just run. I will be more satisfied with a slower average closer to the 8:30 range than I will with it sub 8. I'm truly finding the benefits of these slower easier runs...in not making every long run or run about faster splits. So much of my run tomorrow will be about visualizing my body ABSORBING or soaking in the slow and steady work I've been doing.
- Christmas of course! Having kids makes Christmas so magical and this year is no exception.
- Life lessons that I continue to learn. About myself. About others. About the world. So much to learn. So much room to GROW. Thankful for that.
- Living in Asheville for the next 8 months! Love it.
- That satisfying feeling of having my long run done tomorrow and enjoying an evening of beer and pizza and wrapping Christmas presents with my hubby after the kids crash! Oh and a day off on Saturday. LOVE my days off running after my long run day.
A few goals for my life right now:
- Continue to be conscious about slowing down with my day. Life doesn't have to be work all the time. I can just let the messes and "to-dos" go and be present with my son over a game of Bingo or Uno. Or stop at the park on the way home from preschool, leave my phone in the car and just play like I'm 4 again! These are the things that I'll count as gold at the end of the day...the stuff that matters.
- Reconnect with some of the special people in my life I've lost contact with. Even if it just means sending a quick text or e-mail here and there.
- Write GRATITUDE lists again more regularly. I looked back at my journal from 2011 and realized that I did this almost every single day. Long lists. Happy lists. So much to be thankful for. And you know, 2011 was hands down one of the happiest, fullest, most alive years of my life. Abundance!
- Continue taking care of my body, running joyfully, keeping the weight on, eating healthy, and following the plan (TRUST).
- Sit down more often to just talk and listen to my kids. Without doing chores or multi-tasking...just sitting still and ENJOYING them!
I'd love to hear from you!
1. What are some things that make you smile right now? Things that your excited about?
2. What are some of your current goals or intentions?