|Painted mirror for Nana (my mom)|
I do plan on writing non-bulleted blogs again sometime soon but for now, I think I'll just do bullets again. It's easy. It's Mother's Day. I have other things to do tonight. Like my husband.
- Wonderful Mother's Day!
- Instead of racing in the Hippie Chick Half Marathon, I went to cheer and spectate. Loved it. At first I was a little emotional but then I could see that my cheers and support of my friends and the women running was well appreciated. I felt a peace wash over me today that made me realize that there is a great plan for me and it might not be exactly what I plan and set my heart on but I do have faith that it will be extraordinary.
- The winner of Hippie Chick ran a 1:25. Ha! I definitely would NOT have won it. I would have been humbled big time. I might have been able to place 3rd at the best.
- I've been in a weird place the past few days but after some time to reflect, listen for God's voice in my heart, and be still, I have my Amanda Happy Mojo Back! I feel fully refreshed (mentally) and ready to be ON as Amanda the mother, wife, and friend to myself and others.
- I am going to hang out with Kara Goucher tomorrow night (Thanks for the tip Tiff). Yep. Just the two of us. Maybe having some beers or chatting about running. Okay, no. But I will be going with my husband to buy her book, have her sign it and take a picture with her. She will be doing the book signing at Powell's (famous bookstore) in downtown Portland tomorrow at 7:00 p.m. So, tomorrow will be happy hour for my husband and I and then off to meet Kara with my beer breath. I'll chew some gum or something. See, having a break from running can be a good thing and open up lots of extra time!
- I might just get an extra signed book for one of you lovely peeps for a giveaway. Stay tuned.
- I was really kind of worried about my groin this weekend. My pelvic area hurt really bad and I was starting to think that maybe this "strain" was a stress fracture. On top of that, I had NO energy to do anything. After today, I'm thinking that I'm going to be OKAY and I will be running my marathon strong despite this set back! My hopes are high that it was just fatigue from working too hard, my body healing, and just needing to take a rest and get some nutrition and self-pampering!
- Funny, I had a friend ask me if I really strained my groin from too much sex. No, probably the 20 mile run on tired legs. But hot sex....way better story. I guess I might have to clarify with some people.
- I'm so thankful for my groin strain. It has allowed me to stop, take a breath and really be able to see what I was forgetting to take time for.
- I'm super excited to spend this next week healing, resting, doing strength training and eating so healthy.
- I'm off to a great start with my weight lifting. I've found a way to multi-task...spending time with my kids AND pumping some iron. Enjoy the video:
Hope everyone had an awesome day!!