It's a bullets kind of day!
- The above picture is what my kitchen looks like most mornings. Every cupboard open, stove on, dog wanting breakfast, kids asking for three things at once, everyone making some sort of noise (singing, humming, shouting down the stairs, looking for shoes and socks), and really just a whole mess of multi tasking. It really hasn't been too stressful...just busy. I know, I could plan ahead and make lunches the night before but at the end of the day I'm tired and just want to kiss the kids good night and push things off for the morning. The difference between my husband and myself: EVERYTHING. When he is in charge of lunches and breakfast, the kitchen counter is somehow mostly clear and things are executed in a timely and order fashion.
- I'm barely moving today after doing a Jillian Michael's workout on Monday. I knew I'd feel this way. My first time getting back into workouts like this always put me in pain for a few days. It's quite humbling! My chest and butt might be feeling it the worst. Kind of funny to watch myself hobbling around the house. Now, if I can just maintain Jillian 2 times a week, I'm excited to see some results other than the painful kind.
- Approaching 36 next month means wrinkles are starting to show. My biggest wrinkles are right between my eyes. This is from my stress face. Like when kids are driving me nuts or I'm annoyed by something, I realize that I sort of have a scowl going on...my eyes kind of scrunch together and my forehead creases. Yikes. I've got to cut that out! So no more scowling. Wondering if I can keep my face relaxed the next time my kids start fighting or whining about chores. Relaxed face, calm demeanor in the midst of disorder? It's my new kinda serious goal. Might be a little like teaching an old dog new tricks. What are the stats about forming habits?? How long does it take to make something a habit? I suppose a "Keep a Calm Face" sticker chart for mom might help with this habit.
- ENJOYING our KIDS. What a concept. I think life gets so darn busy sometimes that we can just go through the motions with sports, school, homework, bedtime routines, dinners, etc. But it's much harder than it sounds to slow down and ENJOY our kids! Truly enjoy their company with nothing else going on. Laugh at their jokes (they are actually funny these days!), sit on the couch and play a game or just ...sit. I want my kids to grow up with memories of feeling like Mom and Dad really enjoyed them and not just managed them. This is one reason why Wednesday night is one of my favorite nights: We all sit on the couch and watch Survivor with nothing else going on!
- I think if a blogger got an award for the most deleted posts after hitting publish, it might just be me. I have a love/hate relationship with blogging. On one hand, I want to get back into it again (regularly) but on the other hand, I'm feeling like I want a new blog or at least a blog facelift ...possibly transfer to a different URL and blog platform. So, I'm thinking of finding some website geek to help a girl out! But no real excuses for pulling posts....I think really, it comes down to pulling the publish trigger too soon and then realizing I put some really crappy writing out there that was actually more for me anyway. Note to self: Stop being a blog flake!
- I updated my resume! Man, that was kind of painful at first. Blowing the dust off a professional resume when I've been home with my kids for going on six years made for some digging and gathering of all the things I've done. Oh, and it took resume clean-up to realize that all along I've been saying I have a Masters of Art but really I have a Masters of Science. Not a big deal but still... It would have be easier if I'd written more down when it comes to the things I've volunteered for, graduate classes, etc. When I did finally get a draft done, it was neat to see. And it feels good! No, I'm not applying for anything specific...just an update for some possibilities in the nearer future.
- This house is definitely starting to feel like MY HOME! Gosh, that feels good. I want it to be a very long time before we move again! Currently, my living room has 3 different yellows on the wall. The cool color I used when we first moved in wasn't cutting it. My husband hated it and really, I'm a WARM color kind of gal. And I love COLOR. Our house is pretty bland right now. I have one more yellow/tan to try and then I hope to paint the living room and part of the kitchen area soon. Any favorite warm tan or yellow paint colors??
|What are you favorite yellow or warm tan paint colors that would be good in a living room?|
- Last but not least, does it get any better than FALL?! The picture below is of a street here in Bend that I drive several times a day. When the leaves started changing I kept telling myself to stop to capture the beauty! I finally made myself stop because winter is coming quickly and the leaves are almost gone now!
1. Favorite yellow paint colors that would be good in living rooms?
2. Do you do strength work? Have you done Jillian Michael's workouts?
3. What are the ways you ENJOY your kids the most (games, cuddles, stories, dates)??
4. When was the last time you updated a resume?
5. Do you make school lunches for your kids? How many kids?