1. Good News:I actually made time to read a book just for fun. It had nothing to do with running and it wasn't to learn about something. I read it just to enjoy a good story. OH, and because it was our book club book (not always a good enough reason for me to find the time to read fiction lately since my book club is cool like that if I don't read the book). But the biggest reason that I made myself read this book is because the author is coming to our book club for dinner, conversation and book signing.
More good news is that I liked this book and it made me grow and think.
BAD NEWS:Cathy Lamb (the author) is coming to our book club TONIGHT. In fact, she's there RIGHT NOW. And I'm NOT. I'm home with sick kids and no hubby to help. Sad to miss out.
2. Good News:Training seems to be going really well. I've already run 36 of my 70-75 miles for this week. Yesterday was my first day in this plan to have a speed workout that isn't a tempo/threshold run. I ran five 1200's with a total of 11 miles. My splits were 6:19 pace for the first four and 6:15 pace for the last one. I jogged a 400m active recover between each 1200. On Saturday I will run in a 30k race and use it as a training run with 12 of the miles at marathon pace or around there. Looking forward to it.
Bad News:All of my running this week has been on the Treadmill in my garage. I almost poked my eyes out today while running 15 miles on that thing. I ended up taking several small breaks to help get kids involved in new activities, take care of my sick daughter, put my son down for a nap, and post a facebook status on Runninghood about my eye-poking treadmill fun before I decided to stop whining and get the job done. I'm so very thankful for that treadmill though. I couldn't do these miles without it.
3. Good News:I've been having a really great past couple of days with my kids. God has given me an incredible amount of patience and love...more than usual...and I've been enjoying having all three of my kids home. We've done some fun crafts, cuddled lots on the couch, and read lots of books.
Bad News:The reason it has been so low key around here and my kids have all been home is because they are sick.
4. Bad News:My roses from Valentine's Day were wilting.
Good News:I used the flower petals for some fun flower art. This activity provided peace and quiet for at least 5 minutes.
5. Bad News:I've been eating way too many of the wrong kind of calories lately. Just stuffing my face. All the freaking time! It is ridiculous and I must get it under control by getting back on track in eating lots of good carbs, veggies, and good fats!
Good News:A lot of the stuff I've been eating has been really delicious and baked with love. Two of my friends brought "food gifts" this week. Homemade bread and red velvet cupcakes. A perfect week for it too since my husband was out of town and my kids have been sick.
Things I'm Thankful for:
- Girlfriends. The close kind. The kind that you can trust. The kind that are there for you. The kind that accept you and love you for who you are. The kind that you can laugh with. The new ones that feel like old ones. Even the ones that you've never physically "met" before but still feel like you've known them always.
- Training is on track for a really great marathon.
- Going to the beach this weekend for a night with good friends.
- My 30k this weekend. Even though I'm not racing it, it will be fun to be in a race atmosphere.
- Hearing "I love you Mama" many times this week. It feels good to be needed and loved.
- Art and creativity coming back into our daily routine.
- Having a treadmill.
- Not being in a rush to be anywhere but where I'm at in life. I'm happy.
What are some of your Bad News/Good News statements? Or what are some things you are thankful for today?