Just a few bullets:
- Enjoying sunny California.
- Running along the coast with sunshine, a light breeze, and blue skies = HAPPY
- A weekend with my brother, sister-in-law and sweet nephew also = HAPPY
- Building up mileage slowly.
- Feet feeling a little off the past few days. Pelvic bone starting to hurt again too...must be that rotating hip/pelvis or whatever it is that my sports chiro helps me fix when I see him. Makes me a little bummed out to feel so "off" and in a bit of pain all over when I sleep. Something just isn't right but I'm trying to stay on top of it.
- 10 beautiful beach miles this morning. Easy 8:17 average...first mile 8:33 and last mile 7:58. Focused on my Chi Running points: Body sensing, Relaxation, Meditation, and Breathing.
- Taking the kids to Disneyland soon. Excited to see their JOY.
- About 4 months until my next marathon (Napa Valley). Also about 4 months until we go on a new adventure to Asheville, NC. Excited for both of them.
- Running again makes me feel a CALM I haven't felt much the past few months.
- Running more often also is helping my clothes fit correctly again. I'm currently about 8 lbs heavier than I was 6 months ago. I know this isn't much but I feel it and it just isn't entirely comfortable. I love my body and have good body image at this stage in my life but I also know when I need to lose a few pounds and start watching what I eat again.
- I'm thinking I need to stock up on my Brooks Launches since they won't be around much longer. I ran in the Pure Flows almost exclusively around April and I ran my July marathon in them. However, now that I'm back in my Launches, I'm realizing how much I'm going to miss them. Must start experimenting with some other Brooks shoes.
1. Are you a fan of Brooks Launches? If so, what will you be running in once they aren't around anymore? Flows?
2. What's your favorite environment to run in? I like the beach, forest trails, mountains...they all beat running through suburban neighborhoods.