Moving my family across the country is a new experience for me. I've never done anything like this really. I mean, not counting my college adventures. Moving when you have a family of five requires a lot more work and thought. We have to pack light enough to fly to North Carolina but liberal enough to where we can live comfortably without the rest of our stuff for up to a month. For me, this means my ESSENTIALS...clothes, journal, a few books, my computer, and my RUNNING things. Running is what will make everything else in life WAY BETTER! If you're a runner then you get this. When I first started running, I suppose I only needed my old running shoes (that I also used for every day use) and a few t-shirts and pairs of shorts or sweat pants. HA! My how things have changed. I've become such a spoiled runner. Part of this is because I'm kind of still marathon training. I say kind of because I really am just training enough to be able to run Boston so that I don't feel like I'm going to DIE. A marathon cannot be "fun" unless you are conditioned to run 26.2 miles. Otherwise, it would probably be hell-like. Anyway, moving and living in hotels for up to a month means that I need to be prepared for all sorts of runs, different kinds of weather, fueling properly, hydrating, preventing injuries (KTTape and Tiger Tail roller), and alternating shoes just because that's something I like to do. My husband made fun of me for having a big extra bag just for running gear. But a runner has to do what a runner has to do. And for me, I'd rather be prepared and have packed too much than find myself wishing I would have brought more.
Some essentials to pack so that I'm prepared for the weeks leading up to Boston while being in a BIG life transition:
- Brooks Running Shoes! Of course. This time I packed my Pure Cadence 2, Two pairs of Ravenna 3's, and a pair of PureFlow2's in the car that I'm still waiting to try out. I also have my every day "run errands" shoes that are also Brooks shoes that I no longer run in.
- Tiger Tail massage stick.
- Nuun and Brooks visors (gotta represent!)
- Nathan water/fuel belt for my longer runs coming up
- Honey Stinger Gels and Waffles
- KTTape. Gotta keep these legs in tact. And oh how they are not happy some days lately. :(
- Compression tights, shorts, Brooks Essential Run Vests (these are a STAPLE for me even when I'm not running! LOVE), socks, tanks, etc. etc.
- Garmin (even though I'm trying to not use it as much)
- Hats, arm warmers, calf compression sleeves, and other various accessories
So, what are YOUR Running Essentials that you would pack if you were moving far away and needed to pack for up to a month?? What's your MUST HAVE Running Gear list?