I'm always thankful for the mornings that I allow myself to be still enough to write. So often it is almost as if someone else is writing for me and then the words that end up on the page are meant just for me to read. This is why I love my journal so much. For example, yesterday I wrote something to myself right as I was waking up and having coffee. I reread it today and honestly, I don't really even remember writing much of it but it is just what I needed to read. It is one of those pieces that is very private...something I probably wouldn't share with many but I'm so glad it is there for me. A beautiful message just for me from me.
This morning has been one of those quiet mornings where things have just fallen into place in a way that I found myself sitting down at my desk with my coffee and journal. I started making a list of goals or things that I want to live by in order to be my best self. When I was finished with my writing, I looked up and saw a little notebook that I've had for awhile. On the notebooks are the words :
"How will you give something beautiful to the world?"
I think the biggest way we can give something beautiful to the world is by BEING US. By telling our story as it comes. By being REAL, talking to ourselves as we go, valuing what we have to give and most importantly, SHARING ourselves with the world or just with those we love the most. We all have something to give. Something beautiful. Our Story is unique and wonderful.
Some of my Life Goals from today:
- Listen to your inner voice. She's wiser than you know.
- Stop putting limits on yourself. Things aren't as HARD as they seem. All it takes is Believing. The first step starts it all...TAKE IT!
- Enjoy the process. Life is too short not to.
- Continue to LOVE and be vulnerable by sharing yourself. When you give YOU, others feel a freedom to give THEM.
- Tell your story as it comes and has been but don't stop believing in your role in WRITING YOUR STORY as you want it to be.
- Learn from mistakes, awkward moments, heartache, and the times you fall. These things are part of what makes us who we are. They add layers to our wisdom.
- Surround yourself with positive people that uplift, support, and love you and others. The REAL DEAL kind of people.
- Don't be afraid to be REAL...even if it feels scary at times. You are where you are and chances are that you're not alone.
- Keep dreaming and setting new goals...this is what keeps us feeling ALIVE.
- Support others with love, encouragement and validation.
Happy Wednesday! What are some of your Life Goals to live by?