Friday, November 1, 2013

Not as Bad as I Thought, a Video for the Mamas, and Yes, Yes, Whiplash is Wearing My Lululemon Tank

I posted yesterday about the stories I'd heard about how insanely happening this neighborhood is on Halloween.  This had me a little concerned about the quantity of candy crap we'd  have in our house for the next _____ months so I was already plotting ways to make it all disappear.  So, how'd everything hold up to rumor?


  1. This neighborhood WAS definitely NUTS as far as the amount of people roaming the streets.  Woah!  I've never seen anything like it. It was much more like a festival than a night of trick or treating.  
  2. Because we hosted a party with a few friends, we spent a lot more time AT our house and LESS time trick or treating.  In fact, when we did go out trick or treating, it was so crowded that we didn't cover much ground, many people were handing out one piece (us too) so the candy would last, and my kids wanted to be home handing candy out and playing with their friends.  This meant GIVING LOTS of candy AWAY and ending up with hardly anything.  But our kids think they have a lot.  SCORE.  
The Hubs truly did rock his Whiplash (from Ironman 2) costume.  He was a little scary actually.  At the end of the night when he wanted a kiss or two, I made him go back to being my husband first. As much as I like a man in uniform, Whiplash just isn't my type.  Sorry Whiplash, didn't do it for me.  No matter how awesome you look in so many ways.  


For those of you that missed yesterday, here's Whiplash: 


And here's Whiplash in my house with my daughter (Yikes!):

Good job with the electrical engineering skills hon


And Whiplash and the family:



I didn't start thinking of what my costume would be until about an hour before everyone arrived at our house.  I was pretty stoked to have thrown together a quick Superhero Mom costume.  Thanks to my Lululemon Racerback Tank (a staple), my Handful Bra that makes me look like I have a partial rack (maybe), the cape I made for my middle daughter last year, a wig and a sloppy sew job of a felt belt.



When Whiplash was getting ready, he wanted to wear some dumb brown long sleeve shirt under his bad A silvery gear.  NO WAY was I letting him get away with such lameness.  It was either shirtless or something else.  So I told him to try my black Lulu tank since I had two.  Ha!  He squeezed into it and BAM, just like that, we were wearing matching shirts!  Who would have guessed that that scary Whiplash dude was wearing a size 4 lulu tank?  Now, let's hope he didn't stretch it out too much.





I'm ending this post with a link to a video I shared yesterday.  This one is for all you moms out there.  I think there is something in here that almost all of us can relate to.  We are NOT alone.  I watched it with my kids and it was even better.  Enjoy.




I don't know about you but I'm really excited for a run today so I can sweat out all the crud I consumed last night.  Here's to a great Friday and an early bedtime for my sugar induced sleep-deprived kids!  Good luck to all you teachers out there...I remember this day so well!


Happy Friday,

Amanda 

You can also find Runninghood on:


13 comments:

  1. Great costumes!! I do feel for the teachers today - need to move Halloween to a weekend night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the years I taught and worked at a school we always said that Halloween should be like Thanksgiving and Easter - the same day of the week (Friday or Saturday) so that there is no school the next day!!!
    Love the Whiplash costume and the Super Mom is pretty awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband's costume is EPIC! There's nothing better than clothes that light up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your costumes look fabulous, but your husband? He killed that look, girl clothes and all! hope it shrinks back to fit ya! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gracie. Yes,he killed it for sure! I hope it shrinks back too.

      Delete
  5. Um... your arms are amazing!!!! Love all the costumes. Your family is adorable. I overbought in the candy department, and we had very few kids come for candy. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca. Oh no, get rid of it! ha! I eat any leftovers and then feel so gross. Uggh. Needing to burn some of this sugar off..it just makes me feel blah!

      Delete
  6. Much a cute family! Sounds like a good time! I loved reading the blog links that you used to have. What happened to them? I didn't save any of them in my bookmarks, because I knew how to get to them through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iaina! I took them down and then when I went to put them back, my list was gone. But I just added a new one of some of the blogs I followed a long time ago. I might need to revise it a bit but there you go. Not promising that all of it is good reading but it's there. Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  7. Absolutely love seeing your beautiful family all dressed up for Halloween! You have such a fun approach to life, Amanda, and you bring so much joy and happiness to everything you touch.

    Loved the video, too. :)

    ReplyDelete