Just because everyone wants to watch 4 minutes of me running on my treadmill in the garage while talking to myself, I thought I'd post a VLOG today. What a silly word. But if I'm going to post anything at all on this thing this week then it is going to be in video form because my writing brain just doesn't work so well these days. Here is a summary for those of you (most of you) that really have no interest in watching ME for that much of your day. Ha!
The Vlog gist:
- Me running a recovery run while talking to myself...or you.
- I talk about my sexy yellow Brooks top and why I'm wearing it today...needing some mojo. It makes me feel fast. Faster than I really am.
- My trick of having the garage door open in hopes of it feeling like I'm running outside instead of on my treadmill.
- I talk with my hands a lot because...well, I always talk with my hands.
- I talk about how I don't have much inspiration or energy for writing or reflecting lately. I miss that part of my blog. I miss writing in general. But I'm also happy with the NOW and I'm having fun with this training. I'll have a lot of time this summer to just run for fun and get some of my mental energy back.
- My self-pep talk about TRUSTING MY PLAN and believing in myself. I'm officially throwing that old HEAD CASE Amanda to the curb. Enough is enough. I'm good enough just as I am and all I need to ask of myself is my best.
- 10k this Saturday. Just going to use it as a great workout and run the best I can. And I might wear my yellow/fast Brooks top if it is warm enough..enough feeling like I'm too slow to wear it. :)
- I talk a bit about my son. And show you the humble pie on my face from all the times I never believed my friends when they said that boys would be different. I've been in tears at least 10 times this week with parenting issues. Mostly dealing with my bundle of BOY. Gosh I love him though. He crawled into bed with me last night and fell asleep for a bit before I carried him back to his bed. So much love.
- And then some more mindful/mindless chatter.
Now off to plan some birthday parties, take my kids to this really fun place called Out of this World Pizza where they will get a lot of germs and work off a bunch of energy, and then get all dolled up for my husband's birthday dinner tonight.