Sunday, October 14, 2012

Lazy Sunday

Lazy Sunday
No Running
Even after my "return to running" 8 miles from yesterday
Heel and achilles ache a bit
Best to just be still
Ease back in ...slow and steady

Lazy Sunday
Wrapped in blankets and kids 
on the couch
Listening to my favorite tunes of 
Cat Stevens
Van Morrison
Simon and Garfunkel
The Beatles 
Music from another generation
But perfect for me

Lazy Sunday
Kids calm
Doing our own thing
Being fine with fine
Content with the NOW
Pretending to fold some laundry 
In between e-mails and silly daydreams
Of love and romance and adventures
Of things that once were
Things that could have been
And all that is still to come
In this lovely life

Lazy Sunday
Getting lost in old hobbies
Playing my guitar and singing
child-like and free
My only handful of songs
Fire and Rain
Imagine
Turn Turn Turn
Father and Son
Blowing in the Wind
The kids know these songs
They know it is rare that Mom plays the guitar.

Must mean she's happy.  
And I am.  
Happy.  


Amanda 

13 comments:

  1. I'm loving your lazy sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some good tunes! Wish I could hear :)

    I admire your taking time to relax and enjoy life- your free verse and your HAPPINESS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to learn guitar!!!!! I played piano for years and something about playing music is totally relaxing. :) I'm glad you are getting back to running, AND you are being smart about it. Win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to make a book of your poems. To me they are art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I can see it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Amanda. Absolutely beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous post. Made me smile ear to ear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a beautiful day. The guitar comes out for me when I need decompress...works every time. Great taste in music by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Nothing compares to lazy Sundays spent with the people you love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great way to spend a sunday...every going to show us a video of you playing?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great Sunday. I love days like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo I want to learn to play Turn Turn Turn! I love that song.

    I also love lazy days. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. never knew you played. I love listening to people play guitar. love you even more now.

    ReplyDelete