|Gorgeous place to run. I can only imagine this area in the fall.|
- I'm injured or feeling run down.
- I get quiet for awhile.
- I start to feel better.
- Still quiet...just in case.
- Have one amazing run where I feel 100%
- I shout it from the rooftops.
- Next run brings with it problems again.
Okay, so really, I'm not even sure what to think when it comes to my body. Something is going on and I need to find a good team of doctors so that I can get it figured out. I thought it was just from low iron and I definitely think that had something to do with my body tearing down. Then when I continued to run on an "off" left leg, I wore it down even more and my recovery was slower because of the low iron count.
So here I am again after my strong track workout the other day.... feeling "off". It's only on the left side of my body. I can't even explain it entirely. Here are just a few things I notice:
- weak left leg
- dull pain in the quad area
- slight limp when I try to run (making up for "off" leg)
- tingling in left arm by armpit. I know, that's really weird. Actually, my left arm feels slightly tingly as I type even.
- leg warms up as I get into run. The day before the Napa marathon, it actually had shooting pain when I'd walk but then when I started the marathon, I couldn't feel pain. Just fatigue.
So, what's UP?! For awhile, I was wondering if it was from stress or just in my head. But at this point after experiencing these symptoms for a good two months or more. Maybe three.
I made a call to a chiropractor this morning and I hope to get in with a sports medicine doctor soon too. Running is such a treasure in my life so this is extremely important for me to figure out. I don't necessarily care about racing all that much but I do want to run forever. It is part of what makes my soul sing. Life is just better with running. And when I'm limp jogging instead of running when I'm four days out from attempting to run the Boston Marathon....Um, this is a huge CONCERN to me. Ugg.
It helps that there are so many things making me happy right now. So much to be thankful for:
- I got my son into a preschool 3 days a week from 9 to 1. What's that I hear?? FREE TIME for MOMMY!
- So many of the moms dropping their kids off today were running mamas that looked just like me. Well, you know what I mean....they were in their running clothes and they looked like a runner! I smiled when I saw all the minivans with running stickers and moms with running shoes unstrapping their kids from the car. I can see future morning workouts soon. One of the moms even lives right near where we will live. Well, they all do really. This is exciting for me.
- It is absolutely GORGEOUS here! The weather the past 2 days is a little hot for normal but spring has sprung! Birds singing, buds budding, so many people out and about....love it!
- My girls are adjusting to school very nicely now that it is almost the end of their first full week.