* Time. I've really got to start finding a way to manage my time more wisely. I'm naturally an obsessive person so when I start something new and I want to do it well, my life can get a little off balance. I want to make it a goal to focus on BALANCE! I'm thinking I need to just set a certain time that I will give to say starting this new site with my mom, or answering e-mail, reading my books, even cleaning up the never-ending messes around my house....I need to set a time limit and then move on to just BEING with my kids and enjoying them!! If I don't make a conscious effort to do this then before I know it, the day is over and I realize that I didn't really sit down and play with them at all but rather I just delegated, shuffled them to and fro, put out fights...managed them. I don't want to just "manage my kids" I want to be a part of their life. I want to laugh with them, play with them, watch them, listen to the funny things they say, observe, and just be part of the moment. So to go with my goal to make time for mindfulness and meditation, I want to make time for Balance!
* I did Jillian Michael's Trouble Zones workout yesterday. Only half of it really. I hurt! My chest, legs, arms....wooo weee....you'd think I was completely out of shape. Speaking of good ol' Jillian, check out this interview she did with Suze Orman.
* I'm reading The Book Thief for my book club book. Such a good book! The Holocaust never ceases to shock me. As it should. I hope we never cease to be sensitive and aware of what happened during that time. I'm only halfway through the book so far but it already has me thinking about so much. Makes me realize just how resilient the human spirit is. More later on this book.
* I had a great conversation with a friend today about the people in our lives that have the greatest determination. I think there is something to be said about having a childhood where you are not just given everything but you're left to want a little. Or at least a childhood where you are taught to earn things and work hard for them. And most importantly, being taught a sense of gratitude for the things you are given. I want my kids to be raised to WANT things for themselves and to have that edge to their life that allows them to have so much left to discover and work towards. I never want to just give them whatever they want and spoil them so that they are bored with things that some kids would find simple AMAZING and Magical! Anyway, more on this in another post...just got me thinking.
* My husband is on fire! On fire with running. He wants to read about it, thinking about it, talk about it, dream...eat...sleep...poop about it. Pretty cool. I wish we had some more time before the Boston registration because there is no doubt in my mind that he could qualify but I just don't know how smart it would be to try for that before September without proper training. Since we are already flying there, it would be pretty cool if he could run too. We shall see. For now, I'm really loving seeing him all fired up about something I love so much too!
* A local giveaway coming tomorrow. I might have to find a twist to it since it is for people around here...not so sure I have enough Runninghood readers to enter so I'll have to open it up to non Runninghood readers and let them comment on facebook or something. More on that later too.
* One last thing. I love all of your comments. Love them. It is really hard for me to respond to all of them lately and read a ton of blogs but please know that your comments matter to me and that I'm not just being a snob. Just another part of trying to find balance in my life.
Balance, balance, balance.