- The courage that comes and pushes me to share my life as it is...the good and the bad. Something good almost always comes from opening myself up. On that note, thank you for the continued comments and e-mails from those of you reaching out after my last two posts. Such support and love. Thank you! It feels good to have community to help remind us that we aren't alone in our struggles.
- The decision we made last year to take a chance and LEAP with our move across the country from Portland, OR to Asheville, NC. All in the name of adventure. Wow! This has been quite the ride. Yes, it has been adventurous and fun. However, it has also been a little scary and taken some time to feel like we're all standing solid on our feet. Woo Wee, what a beautiful ride life is! I've been stretched in ways I didn't know possible. Wouldn't go back for anything.
- A quiet morning where I took it easy on myself with coffee in bed, some deep breathing, and quality time with my husband who is home not feeling so well today.
- Pilates class. Wow, what a reminder of how inflexible these runner legs are. And what a great strength training to add to my routine when I get one.
- Seeing my kids love their schools and small town that we live in. Not a day goes by since we moved here that I don't feel so grateful to be here. I know our time here will go way too fast but I'm determined to soak it all up as much as I can.
- Running. Period. Especially running on fall days where the air has a slight chill to it and I'm surrounded by such a contrast in colors...blue sky, white sunshine, and reds/greens/yellows/browns of the trees!
- Learning. We have so many resources in this world to learn about whatever we want! You bet, I'm going to take advantage of this. Yes yes yes to life long learning!
- Working at something I love and not settling for mediocre. The things we love the most are ALWAYS worth working at so they can be great....marriage, raising our kids, career, goals, relationships, etc.
- Those handful of people in my inner circle in life that truly know and love me...all of me. This last year has been full of wonder and joy but it has also brought challenges that have rocked my world a bit. My husband is at the top of this list....what a gift!
- My marriage. This is probably the single most important thing in my life right now because when my marriage is thriving, our entire family benefits. Making my marriage strong and keeping it there takes work but it is work that is more than worth it. Good work. Fun work. I'm not going to pretend that it is always peaches and roses and rainbows and butterflies...that would be one big fat lie... but it is the foundation for so much that I do in life...that WE do in life. I'm thankful for a partner that is willing to do the maintenance that keeps our love strong, fresh and beautiful. This last stretch of time has been filled with lots stress (moving across the country, settling, our son, etc.) but through it all, we've been committed to communicating, working together, reading books about making our marriage stronger, finding TIME to devote to each other, writing down and speaking the things that matter most to us and that we are most thankful for about the other person , and remembering our love story. Working on making a stronger marriage has been the most rewarding work I've ever done.
- Exciting possibilities on the horizon related to career, running, and friendships.
- Always getting a new day to start fresh.
- One-on-one time with my kids. Precious time! On that note, I'm heading out the door to walk my daughter to the library.
What are a few things that you are thankful for today?