Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm Kind of Embarrassed

Okay, when am I not kind of embarrassed?  I usually do or say something to embarrass myself on a regular basis.  Like wearing my Zensah compression tights backwards AGAIN today!  Yep, not once but twice folks.  Noticed the bulging pocket on my crotch about half way through the mommy and me gymnastics class with my son.  This was AFTER I'd already climbed the rope and done a few balance beam tricks.  Good grief.  But they feel good and that is what matters.  Makes my sore legs (not sure why they are sore) feel good.  


About the questions I answered this morning on my post, I am not done yet so if you don't see yours answered then I will get to it!  I promise.  


Kate, you asked:
If Oprah Winfrey, Ann Coulter and Kara Goucher were all running for president and you had to vote for one, who would you want the first female president to be?
First of all, I think a woman would make an excellent president and I hope it happens soon!  Oprah is amazing but I think she might be a little too emotional but that could be good too.  She is full of compassion and love.  And justice.  No way on Kara Goucher...she can run though.  I'd have to read more about Ann Coulter.  Can't wait to see it happen.  For the record, I love Oprah!  She has done so much and made such an incredible impact in the world.  LOVE her! Don't watch her show (don't have time) but have watched it in the past and seen her in action.  


You also asked:
You're so wonderful but there are always crazy people out there that love to hate on happy people. Have you ever received hate mail or a mean e-mail or comment in response to one of your blogs? 
Knock on wood....I've never received mean mail or comments.  Lots of good ones though.  E-mails that make me feel loved and cared for.  E-mails that make me realize I've impacted someone in a positive way and that me feel really great!  However, when I wrote my post about Obesity in America and how it is killing us, I knew I was writing about a sensitive subject.  I did get an e-mail from a reader that expressed (in a loving way) her feelings about the misconceptions of overweight people in America and how it is really not that easy for some.  This I know.  And I did address her e-mail in a post called Dear Blog Reader.


So, the real reason I'm embarrassed is that I made a Runninghood sticker.  Megan from Build a Sign (I'll be writing more about her and her company soon) did it for me. And she's great! I really wish I would have taken more time on it and put Motherhood, Running, Life on it somewhere.  Not sure why I'm embarrassed. Probably because I don't really see a point in making it...it was for fun really.  And I wanted to do something with my mom's art.  In fact I will probably go and remove it from my car in just a minute now that I've taken the picture.  1. I have never put a bumper sticker on my car and 2. I really don't care to have all my neighbors knowing about my blog...that seems weird. I purposely didn't put the web address because I figure if people are really interested then they will google Runninghood. And not that anyone would really put this on their car but some of you might put it in your running journal??? A book?  A Trapper Keeper??  Or on your toilet or garage wall? Your car? Or????  


Yes, those are scratches on my car.  


So, who wants one just for fun??  I have 50 of them. And where would you put it??  


Amanda

36 comments:

  1. I have never had a bumper sticker on my car either, although it is a nice one! I don't know that my bumper looks any better than yours! I love that you keep wearing your Zensah tights inside out. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You answered! I would love one!! I would put it on my new treadmill or on a motivation board that I might hang in front of the treadmill- that way I could channel your speed, endurance and awesomeness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Kate is the first taker!! Woo hoo! Send me your address please! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love one. i would put it on my fridge with my 3 other running stickers!!! and my running magnets. they inspire me every morning while i get ready to head out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love one! I'm sure I could find somewhere to have it inspire me! I love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it!!! so so cute. You are too funny about being embaraced. Embrace it girl because you are great!

    I would love on even though I'm not a mama. I love love love the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the stick and totally want one!! I would put it up with my other running stickers on my motivational wall. :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would LOVE to have a bumper sticker, instead of my car I might put it on my jogging stroller, or I would probably give it to my sister (who is a running diva) since she just became a new mom!

    www.teachinginthecouv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want one! It will go on my treadmill. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well-I'm foreseeing a good year of SNL if Oprah becomes president....

    Send me a sticker! I will even put it on my car next to my "2HOT4U" bumper sticker-ha! I just love you that much:). Really though, I will make good use of it and when I FINALLY sign back into my blog I will post a pic:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want one! I will put it on the treadmill that I AM getting soon! I have a few other stickers sitting around waiting until that day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are very brave to answer all these questions! Hope your legs feel better soon...the girlie human body - who can know it?? I would love to have a bumper sticker - likely it would go on the bumper of my kid hauler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it and want one!! I'd put it in my running journal inspired by you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh those are nice!!!
    I want one!!!!
    I would put it in my big running book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How super cool that you are now a bumper sticker! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the sticker is a great idea! You should leave it on your car and be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do not be embarrassed! Those stickers are great, and I would LOVE one. I don't know if I'd put it in my workout room, actually on my car because I really love that logo, or on my binder that I teach out of.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Silly Girl! I would LOVE one! It would go right on my laptop!!! :) and I LOVE that you wore the tights inside out again :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE that you wore your pants backwards twice, I have done the same thing!! I love Oprah too:) I would put it on my car but Billy already got mad at me for putting a 26.2 sticker on it...how rude! I would put it on my lap top. LOVE reading your Q and A's....I feel like I get to know you more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. To prevent further wardrobe malfunctions - The tag goes at the back.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I did this a few months back and I am obsessed with my sticker. I love it for inspiration and gave one out to all my family and friends! I am even thinking of making another one. My dad wouldn't let me put it on my car though :) Said he didn't want anyone following me...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your design and I have stickers all over my F-250 truck. A big truck with pretty stickers! What could be better! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Trust me, if Ann Coulter became prez, I would have to take her out! ; )

    What are we gonna do with you and those tights?

    Yes, I'd love a sticker. I have a wall in my exercise room where I hang different ones I've collected. It would be a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I totally want a sticker. I have a few running stickers I'm waiting to post.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cool Amanda! I would love a sticker!! It would totally go on my car.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I do I do!!! I'm gonna put it on my car!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. cute! i'd take one!! i would probably put it on my bathroom mirror as inspiration every morning when i wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are so funny. I would probably continue to wear the pants backwards and then become so paranoid I would feel weird the whole time, even if I had them on right!

    Love the bumper sticker. You should be proud of that! I would probably put it on my bulletin board at work, or maybe on my fridge. Or my truck. I have no idea! But I would put it somewhere that I saw it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I want one!!! I'd put it on my running bin!! I think it's cool that you got a bumper sticker made. And hey, don't worry about the pants... it's because you are too busy living your life to notice insignificant things like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooh, I want one! I have all my running stickers (and brewery stickers) on the front of my beer refrigerator. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would love to have one of your stickers. I've never put a sticker on my car either... not to copy Jess, but I'd also put it on my running journal (also inspired by you). Although, my toilet could use a little sprucing up. :) You and your tights crack me up. I really want to get a pair just to try them on backwards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'll take one as well. Megan and Build a Sign are great. They got my stickers to me really quickly and they looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  33. yes! save me one!! I would put it in my running journal of course!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I would love one! Never put a sticker on my car either. I have a bulleton board in my workout room with race bibs, photos and other things that motivate me. The sticker would go right there!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh, the Trapper Keeper (such fond memories)...takes me back to the Lisa Frank stickers, notebooks and folders. Love! I would love, love, love a bumper sticker! This would make the perfect cover for the journal you've inspired me to start! Seriously, my cover has been waiting for the perfect beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Well darn I hoope I am not to late but after seeing your running journal months back I started one...and would love the sticker for my journal!!!~

    ReplyDelete