- This week was one of those weeks that I needed to truly do as I said I would and listen to my body and pull back a bit. Instead of the 55 miles I had wanted to hit, I will probably end up with about 43 or so. In the beginning of the week, my feet were just not feeling right. I spent a couple days really babying them...icing and rolling with the golf ball. I ran a very light 3 miles on the treadmill on Tuesday and then started picking back up a bit. Amazing what just a small break will do for your body! Listen to your body folks...it will tell you what you need to know.
- On my birthday morning I was lucky to find that the hotel fitness room was Empty. The kids sat on some workout equipment and watched Sesame Street (kind of) while I celebrated 33 years of life by doing 3.3 miles on the treadmill, 1 set of 33 pushups, 33 sit ups, 33 lunges, 33 calf raises and I only got 33 grey hairs from yelling at my kids to stop fighting.
- My birthday night brought with it a meet up with Raina and her family for pizza. Raina and I even got to get away on a nice almost 6 mile run at a good conversational pace. It was so nice to have the opportunity to run together and have so much to talk about. I feel like I've known her forever! Thanks Friend!
- We ended our trip in Eugene with a family run on some of the trails and then I took off and ran some miles on my own. What a gorgeous place to run!
- What is it about kids, hotels and their knock down, elbow jabbing, hair pulling fights over who gets to push the darn elevator buttons first?! Or be the one to use the key to the hotel room? We had several melt-downs this week. All of us. We finally had to figure out a system where we decided who got to do what BEFORE we left the room or came into the hotel.
- I'm pretty impressed with my oldest daughter (6 years old) and her ability to ride for many miles on her bike so that I can get my runs in. She kept up quite well this week! The other kids did a good job hanging out in the jogger stroller.
- This weekend we have a holiday photo session with her our favorite photographer. So, of course, this was the week that all three of my kids got some pretty big blows to their face! My oldest had an accident with a massive plastic swing and ended up slamming both her lips so hard that they were quite beat up. They are still swollen and she has some red scabs on the top lip. My son slammed my younger daughter into a table corner right as we were leaving to meet up with Raina at the Science Factory. This brought on quite the bump. JOY.
- Is there such a thing as the Frightening Fours? Forget the Terrible Twos or Threes. My four year old daughter is having some huge TEMPER issues lately. This too shall pass but WOWZERS...can we say temper tantrum? This is new territory for me. She can also be the sweetest kid I've ever seen. Let's just hope that this is normal for four and not a split personality issue.
- One of the great things about spending so much time with Raina this week is that we each have three kids almost the exact same ages. She has some pretty amazing kiddos and they all played together quite well! We miss them.