Sunday, April 3, 2016

Day 7 and 8. Project Begin Again: Running, Motherhood, Life.

"Acknowledging the good you already have in life is the foundation of all abundance."  
-Eckhart Tolle

Yesterday was a day where I needed to skip the run and be still on a rock by my river.  Today, I did run...9 miles actually...But my body, mind spirit are tired this weekend.  A few days where I'm reminded to listen and be still in gratitude.  Lots of time by this beautiful, wise and roaring river behind my house.  Even a partial nap on her warm rocks.  


I've decided that I will likely bundle my posts for this Project Begin Again when it comes to the weekends.  I took note of my gratitude and intentions yesterday but didn't publish... I was enjoying my present moments too much to get to my computer and type.  So here's to day 7 and 8 in one!  Not that it really even matters considering I'm sticking to my guidelines and writing for ME.  Those that read along... great!  Otherwise, I made the rules so I can change them a little.

As with all of these posts... 
Before I move on to my daily musings, below are the guidelines I keep in every post.  

So, here's how this will go. 
  1. I will write something on here every day for 38 days because that is how many days until my 50k.  
  2. I will keep in simple!!! Some days will consist of three sentences if that's all I have.   
  3. I will write for me.  
  4. I will try very hard NOT to compare my old Runninghood self to the Amanda typing today.  
  5. I will keep my posts to daily gratitude, intentions and.... because how can we not feel sad, heavy hearted and powerless at so much happening in our world...I will include at least one small way I can or have done something to make the world a better place (this can be as simple and powerful as helping my child learn a lesson about love and kindness).  
  6. Why am I doing this?  To Begin Again.  Just as with training for a marathon when we put in our daily workouts, I want to get into the habit of focusing on the things that make me happy and my intentions for making my life what I want. Writing helps me with this.  
Life always becomes a little bit clearer when I get outside in nature.  I return home full of all the good stuff: peace, clarity, inspiration, centeredness, love, and an idea of what really matters most!  It's surely here in nature where I feel/hear God every single time!  And running in nature?  All of this good is then amplified !  
Day 7 and 8:


Gratitude:

  • My mom is here tonight!  I think I will convince her to stay at least another day before she heads back to the country outside of Portland.
  • I ran 9 very happy miles this morning before picking my mom up from the airport.  I felt so good.  Most of my miles were on the single track trails above a busier portion of trail along the Deschutes River. I love weaving in and around the trees...following the curvy ups and downs of these dirt trails.... 
  • Not a super high mileage week for running (around 40 miles) but I think one of my happiest weeks in awhile.  
  • I felt happy with running, career, motherhood, friendships... all around!  I think my boost in happiness and contentment surely has  something to do with this project where I am intentional about taking the time to focus on my gratitude and what I want most in life.  
  • What a glorious weekend... soccer, sunshine, friends, first outdoor fire and BBQ this season, warm weather, family in town....
  • My son lost his first tooth!  He's my baby...this feels big for me to have my last child lose his first tooth.  A good memory that came with it too... it involved jumping on the trampoline in our backyard on a warm spring night with his cousin from Portland.  A perfect moment for a first lost tooth for my baby.  
  • I spent lots of time in nature this weekend.  A few of my runs earlier in the week had to be on the treadmill due to my work schedule with kids.  However, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (today) involved many hours outside in nature!   
  • I get to see one of my absolutely nearest and dearest humans this next weekend!!!  So so excited!!  More on this later... 
First backyard fire of the season... hopefully the first of many! 

Intentions: 
  • First off, I think I met all of my intentions from Friday so so well.  I feel good about how well I was able to relax and enjoy my weekend.  Very much in the present moment.  I soaked it up!  And forgot about my blog. Until I reminded myself of my goal to stick with this for 38 days.  :)  
  • Spend quality time with my mom in Bend tomorrow.  No distractions.  I will drop the kids at school and do whatever we feel up for... starting with coffee at Dudley's Bookstore, then visiting shops, walking by the river, and having lunch at one of my favorite spots.  Maybe we will even go see a movie!  Haven't done that in a long time.  
  • Be slow to react and quick to respond with love, patience and compassion.  
  • Say "thank you" to the people in my life (strangers and loved ones) and notice the efforts they are making to be their best selves.  
  • Run LONG this week!  I plan to run a good 20 plus miler.  I'm talking mountain trail miles so this will take a looooong time!  I'm guessing a good 3.5 hours on my feet.  This will be hard and I know have to go into the run prepared to fuel, hydrate and have a mental plan for what to tell myself when I want to be done!  
  • Continue to do the strength/core work that adds up to getting stronger and more defined!  
  • To be intentional about the ways I let my sweet man know how much I love and appreciate him.  He has been working so much lately but despite the long hours and days that often carry over into home, he is so excited about what he is doing and where he in in life.  This makes me happy to see him so happy doing something he loves and is good at.  Gosh, I love him .  We aren't perfect (who is? ) and our road hasn't been without little bumps but damn, I got lucky with him.  Good good man.  And you know, he's the first and loudest cheerleader in my life... the one who encourages and supports me to go after any dream I ever have... while also letting me know, he doesn't expect me to do any more than I already am.  So this one is for gratitude and intentions I suppose.    
How have I, or can I continue to play even a small part in making the world a better place (Be the Change):  

  • BE GRATITUDE.  Give GRATITUDE.  
  • BE LOVE.  Give LOVE.  
  • Think good thoughts, do good actions, say good words.  

Amanda

3 comments:

  1. Hey you! I don't think I've commented on a blog in over a year and took me a bit to sign in to do it! I have however been reading yours daily and admittedly looked for Day 7 at least 15 times and it wasn't yet posted-ha! Glad to see it this morning:) So many smiles in this post. I hope you have an amazing day with your Mom, and YAY for Sam losing a tooth! 20 miles sounds ridiculously long and on trails. But it also sounds so rewarding in many ways! I'm proud of you and so inspired by you right now!! Love your Waylon bullet here.

    Enjoy your fire and lovely sits by the river in tank tops! All of our deck furniture is in storage because there is snow on the deck and it's too cold to sit outside by the fire so a bottle of wine and staring out the window it is-ha ha!

    I love you! I can't wait to see you! Good to read you. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I love you!! Biggest smile that warmed my heart when I saw your name and comment here...just like old time. ;) And your word count is still the best! ha! Thank you for your words friend. I don't care what we do...I'll be with you...I know that sounds cheesy but seriously, I'll enjoy the couch and wine just as much as sunshine and a river. Ok, moving to email...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete