Only a few minutes left here to type before my sneak-away time if over. I'm typing away next to a pool and under a warm star-filled sky in Maui, Hawaii right now. I know, life is rough. Since I really have no time for a long post, I'll leave you with a few bullets:
- Although I'm on vacation and I have dropped my mileage this week as I choose to focus on relaxing and spending time with family and friends, I haven't entirely slacked off with my training. I ran 19 miles on Sunday, 11 miles on Tuesday and have run a bit every day except today.
- Does snorkeling count as cross training? I think YES! Especially while pulling boats that my kids are riding on.
- Today wasn't meant to be a day off but time got away from me and before I knew it, the day was winding down and it was time for a walk on the beach at sunset with my family. My run didn't seem very important at this point and I'm choosing not to stress about it.
- I plan on leaving my condo at 4:30 tomorrow morning to drive an hour south on Maui for a half marathon. No, I'm not racing it but I do hope to hit at least 8 miles at marathon pace for a training run. I hope to have a total mileage of about 17 miles tomorrow.
- I don't really know what marathon pace for me is right now. I'd really love to say that MP is 7:20-7:25 but a more realistic marathon pace for me right now is probably 7:30 and I've never even hit that for an entire marathon so I really don't know what to shoot for. We shall see.
- Gosh, I'm kind of tired of training. Ha! I know, I know, I still have over 2 months left!! Hoping that the training bug returns to me when I get home to Oregon. It will. I'm just in Hawaii mode right now. Sun-kissed and relaxed and not taking things too serious. I like this life-speed. It balances my faster-paced, over-thinking self that can come out at home. :)
More tomorrow AFTER my race/MP training run.