But even with this jean predicament, I'm actually pretty happy today. Just another season in life. And besides, I like having challenges. New Goal: Stop eating and drinking like college Amanda so that you can fit in your jeans without walking around like an overstuffed suitcase. It's ON JEANS. Bring it! I don't mess around when it comes to goals. Ha!
Speaking of goals, I think it is time for some new ones. But first, just a bit of random to kick start this Monday:
- Sometime this week (probably tomorrow), I'll be doing a giveaway for an Endorphin Warrior bracelet and telling you about how much I LOVE mine. I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear the good things I have to say since there have been many of you who already have one or have read about them recently. The thing I'm looking forward to the most is sharing with you the story behind the WARRIOR....I plan on telling you a little bit about how Endorphin Warrior came to be and about the man that created the products. As most of you know, I rarely do giveaways or reviews on here...I try to save them for when I really like something. And as with most things in life, I care about the heart and soul behind the face so I really enjoyed learning more about how this company came to be. And I think you will too.
- My post on Friday was about Listening. And mostly about listening to the children in our world. They truly are wise and I believe with my whole heart that God speaks through them in special ways. The next few weeks I'm going to keep working on making it a habit to really listen to the things my kids are saying instead of that tired "Yes, honey" that comes with lazy listening. And listening but not HEARING because of the clutter in my head.
- About this self-work that I've been referring to lately.... You know, the work I DIDN'T ask for? Do we ever? The work that has just started to unfold even though I thought that I'd done more self-work than anyone could possibly do. Apparently there is more. And Goodness, I AM SO THANKFUL for my ability to reflect and process in words. Without that, I'd be a ball of all kinds of confusing feelings and mountains of thoughts that would bury me. I'm realizing more and more that my ability to communicate my feelings with writing has been up there with the greatest gifts in my gift bag. Thank you for this Gift God...it is so freeing for me.
- One of the things I know that I've always struggled with (and many of you have seen me struggle with on this blog) is being WAY TOO HARD on myself. Feeling guilt for not doing things as good as I think I should...motherhood, friendship, etc. And not always feeling WORTHY of RECEIVING LOVE. These are BIG things that I'm processing and working on right now and you know, I'm so HAPPY to see them coming to a head in a way that I've never seen before. They have come from all sorts of things: Religious abuse, having a father die, relationships, etc. Although I've always known that I'm too hard on myself or that I feel guilt for things that I'm really doing better at than I give myself credit for, I haven't been able to change that. And I haven't truly been able to RECEIVE all the love from myself and others even though I do mostly. But something is different today. Or this week. but really, big INSIGHTS last night and I woke up feeling kind of different today. Certainly HAPPY. This bullet will be an entire blog post someday. Maybe a book. Maybe I'll finally write MY book. And maybe this big piece to the Amanda puzzle that I'm kind of filling you in on (but not really), is just what I needed for everything. More later.
- Where's the RUNNING RUNNINGHOOD? Oh yes, running. Hmmm, well, I'm being SMART here. My left foot seems to go on and off with good and bad days when it comes to the discomfort I've been feeling. I know how out of control Plantar Faciitis can get so I'm just keeping a level head about this. I'm not going to just run through it and hope it goes away because that could keep me out of running for MUCH longer. Rather, I'm sitting out until my foot is 100%. I'm trying to remember to stretch, roll, tape, and send happy thoughts that way. Ha! I've been trying to get on the bike at the gym so that I can at least sweat and keep some fitness, despite the fact that I won't be fitting in my clothes in another week. :) Teasing. I just need to find the balance between burning fewer calories, gaining MUCH fewer endorphins, eating appropriately, and doing the small things that REALLY ADD UP: core work, stretching, icing, rolling, positive thinking and keeping my eye on the goal to get healthy. PATIENCE. I'm convinced that injury ALWAYS makes us stronger when we come out it.
- Boston Registration. I've officially decided to register for Boston 2013. I won't be able to register until Friday since my qualifying time was only 7 minutes under. So, I'm hopeful that I'll get in but if I don't, I'm okay with that too. A few weeks ago, I wasn't going to register because of most likely moving to NC and not knowing what is in store for me with this Plantar Faciitis, etc. But you know, I think I will kick myself if I don't at least TRY to get in and have the option to go. I know myself...I can change my mind easily.
- One good thing that comes from no running: I write more. I used to say that running gave me the motivation to write. But you know, not running much at all has meant so much more writing for me. In my journals, on here, in e-mail. The energy that would go into training has gone to my spirit and mind. All sorts of ideas are rolling around up there in this head of mine and as long as I can get some exercise, I think this could be a good thing for my writing.
I hear my son waking up. Man, I got lucky. He slept until 8:30! And the girls are already at school. And I got an entire blog post written even if it was just a bulleted ramble of random. But I'm beginning to see that my random rambling posts are often the posts where some of the biggest nuggets of treasure (my insights for myself) are buried.
Some quick goals for this week and some for always:
Some quick goals for this week and some for always:
- Listen (and look). To life. To the Universe. To my Children. To Messages/signs given along the way. And to my inner voice.
- Allow myself to FEEL LOVE. Really and Truly. Love from others and love from myself. I. AM. Worthy. Again, this goes deeper than just what I write here...another post for another time. But some BIG insights lately. yay!
- Get rid of GUILT! Life is too damn short to always be feeling guilty about something. Guilt for not exercising enough, guilt for not being a good enough mother, guilt for not eating the right foods, guilt for not writing that Thank You card, guilt for not ________. Fuck You guilt. And I'm not feeling guilty for saying that either. Okay, maybe I'll come back and delete it. Ha ha! But not really, I think in this situation, with as strongly as I feel about this, the F word is the perfect word to use. And those of you that are offended, well, I can either hope that you can see that I have other sides and don't typically throw the F word around or maybe this isn't the blog for you.
- Eat healthy, Be STILL more often (yoga, stretching, prayer), and find alternative ways to exercise.
- Continue Being Open to Change and RECEIVING what comes my way.
- Express Gratitude to the people in my life.
Follow Runninghood on Facebook or Twitter