I really don't have long to write this blog at all. In fact, I'm supposed to be back here getting ready for church so that I can help get the kids ready and not end up leaving it all to my husband and then complaining when we rush out of the house at 10:50 trying to make it to an 11:00 service that is 20 minutes away. Yup, that's how we've been rolling lately. And honestly, so much of it is because I've been really struggling with where my heart is when it comes to faith related stuff, but yet, I'm still trying to be conscious of how I raise my kids and what I want for that. That's a blog for another day. Maybe never. And one that is quite personal. So, moving on to some random bullets:
- I'm officially registered in the 117th Boston Marathon. I have no idea how we'll get there, where we will be living (maybe North Carolina), or if I'll really even run it but it is nice to be registered and have the option. We might be traveling there with the whole family this year.
- My feet are feeling good today. Let's keep them that way, right? So still no running.
- I want to be more active with core work and strength training right now. Note to self.
- I love deep water running. In fact, I'll be doing it again today. Love just strapping that belt on and hitting the pool...really does get my endorphins going. Not like running running, but you know, I'll take what I can get.
- Excited to start another training cycle! But I'm perfectly willing to be patient and do what it takes to get WHOLE now. Body, mind, spirit WHOLE.
- Operation Getting Whole is going smoothly. I do believe that in order for AMANDA to perform her best, I will need to be physically, spiritually, and mentally balanced. This is going to involve several things for me. I'm working on it. :)
- Sleep. I am going to try harder to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night. I've bee slacking here lately and my body, mind, spirit are suffering for it.
- Shoes. Considering some more supportive shoes. I'm definitely not going to be running exclusively in my Pure Flows anymore. I'm at least going to alternate. I have some thinking to do on this. But I think that the shoe thing, combined with other things of course, is what what has caused my feet issues.
- I went to bed last night just really excited to be 33. I know that isn't 20ish young but I still feel like I have some of my best running days ahead. This is a good feeling. And an even better feeling to WANT better days ahead.
- Still considering moving to Asheville, NC. Well, I'd like to say it is pretty for sure but I'm waiting to get some more definite plans in place before I shout that from the roof tops. If you know anything about the school system/community for kids in Asheville, please e-mail me so I can pick your brain. Big decisions for a mom.
- Prayer. I'm going to make a conscious effort to carve out time for prayer and meditation. Even if it is only 5 minutes every morning with NO distractions. And the kind of prayer than involves LISTENING.
- And when the time comes to start officially training again, I am going to trust the plan my coach gives me and put my energy to taking care of this body, mind, spirit with diligence.
- Added after posting: Really running late for church now....or almost there. Closest blogging is always the best. Makes me feel like a kid sneaking something. But, really, a big goal of mine fro the next few months (always really) is to start journaling a list of gratitude daily. I'll start now:
Grateful for (only 6 even though I could write 100's):
- Loving husband that is forever patient with me. A best friend.
- Some of the most loving and supportive friends a girl could ask for. Friends that are truly THERE and that SEE me and know me and love me for ME.
- Motherhood. Having 3 beautiful, healthy, smart kids to be with every day. A dream come true.
- A healing body
- A personal relationship with God that has been the same all my life...not changing with religion. A constant love that is personal.
- Seeing my daughter's first official soccer game yesterday...SO awesome seeing her as an athlete.
My time is officially OVER. Well, it was 10 minutes ago. And really was 20 minutes ago when I first wrote the 10 minutes ago. Good grief...now I'm getting out of the closet and going to pretend that I've been getting ready all along back here. Ha! Don't forget to check out the Endorphin Warrior giveaway. Love my bracelet.
Follow Runninghood on Facebook or Twitter