Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Dear Amanda...Letter to Myself


Dear Amanda,

It's been three years since you've started a new journal.  You've filled those pages with so much of your life...your dreams, goals, gratitude, LOVES, heartbreak, prayers, letters to your sweet children and you've included space for your Loves to write to you.  Now is time to start a new book..a new chapter in your life.  There couldn't be a better time as now to begin this new book..a new book literally and figuratively.  

As you wrap up 2012 and get ready for 2013, you move past so much. Lots shared.  But so much private.  Just as you get to leave so much behind, you take with you some of life's GREATEST lessons.  As you move forward in life, get ready for a move to North Carolina and reflect on your past few years, remember the good with the beautiful, with the brave, with the painful and confusing...Remember all that life has shown you.  Look for the magic--the extraordinary in your ordinary--the gifts of lessons that are yours if you are brave enough to see them and embrace them even if they don't all make sense right this second.  They are all lessons for YOU.  All that has come in the years so far has led to MORE unfolding...more love, more life, more...of Amanda. MORE, even when it seemed like less at the time. 

I love you, myself.  I love you so much.  You are worthy of all the magic life has to offer.  Open your heart. You can LOVE so much.  LOVE is always good.  It shouldn't be contained or captured..it is free and powerful and meant to be shared.  Don't limit that.  Don't let fear limit you in life.  There is so much to be found when we push past that wave of fear. You have wisdom for what is right. Trust. Dream big.  Love deeply.  Hold your family and Loves tightly...they are GIFTS in the highest sense.  Tell people what they mean to you.  Believe in the extraordinary.   

Get rid of fear..it limits us.
   
              Fear is a liar.

Trust.  

You are capable of whatever you dream of.

       Write your own story.
  
               Use your GIFTS.

Give back.  

            Open your HEART.

                                       Embrace LOVE.

LOVE FULLY.

                               Expect Magic...even when others think you're crazy.  

See BEAUTY.

                           Accept EXTRAORDINARY.  

TASTE LIFE.  

                You are made to LOVE and be LOVED. 

Live BOLDLY.  

                           Surround yourself with POSITIVE people.  

Never stop LEARNING.

Be the CHANGE.  
  
                                               See Yourself.  Show Yourself to Others.  LEARN TOGETHER.

Acknowledge EMOTIONS...they are there to teach us and help us grow.  LIVE with them as they come.  

                                              Love Always,
                                              Me,
                                              Myself,
                                               I. 
                                             Fully...Truly,

                                             Amanda Jean

Ending one journal.  Starting a new one.  Seems like the perfect time in life to start fresh.  


Kristy from Breath of Sunshine just left the following in a comment.  I love love love it:

Quote from the book Wild:

"Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story from the one woman are told. I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave...Fear begets fear. Power begets power. I willed myself to beget power. And it wasn't long before I actually wasn't afraid."


17 comments:

  1. I love starting a new journal! I have a bad habit of not finishing one before starting a new one. One of my goals for next year is to write one page per day. Just to keep track of my thoughts because I love writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read the book "Wild"? There is a wonderful quote at the end...

    "Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story from the one woman are told. I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave...Fear begets fear. Power begets power. I willed myself to beget power. And it wasn't long before I actually wasn't afraid."

    I've tucked this quote away in my head. Every time I think I can't, I convince myself I can (or I try to)...and sure enough, I do.

    I think I should dust off my journal too. It's been collecting dust for far too long. I love my blog, but somethings should go on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this Breath of Sunshine! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Amanda. I too love to journal and have boxes full of them. My friend bought me a new one for 2013 and my goal is to write in it everyday, perhaps I will start off with a letter to myself too. I love that idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a gift to write. I've said it once and I'll say it again..i WISH I had this gift. but getting my inner thoughts on paper or type is so hard for me. i'm thankful though that your words always get me thinking!
    love you Amanda Jean! excited for your future. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your confidence and prose are so inspiring. Love your blog because of posts like these. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing. Excited for what tomorrow may bring for you. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda: Those are great words and help remind me of all that we, as women and as humans, are capable of if we just stop being afraid. And journaling is as simple as writing one sentence a day. There are 5 year journals out that have you write just one sentence a day for 5 years. They are a great way to get started in journaling without feeling intimidated by trying to write a lot every day. Have a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One thing I've learned from your blog is how important it is to reflect. I also love how you value yourself so much, but in a humble way, always knowing need for improvement, but knowing you are WORTH it. One of my goals for 2013 is to make more quiet time for myself- time for prayer and reflections. I definitely don't do that enough. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved everything you just said Amanda. You are so inspiring and an amazing individual. I feel so lucky to know you! Thank you for sharing your heart to all of us and giving us wisdom to live by. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, what a great post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts - I was just thinking about "fear" on my run today, and feel like I have come so far and still have so far to come in the "fear" category, but one day at a time. And it's all about choices.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully Written Amanda and I so appreciate you sharing. "Surround myself with positive people" is one of my favorite take aways from your entry. I want to be one of those positive people that others want to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa. Don't stop reflecting, don't stop believing-in yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well written! I love your reflections. I need to dust off my blog and write some!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking over things, reflecting, is such a big piece of who you are. I can't imagine a fearful Amanda..only one who is not afraid to run across campus at top speed with only her shoes on :)
    laughing :))


    I agree that there is not a better time than now to wrap up the journal and start a fresh one. Many happy writings to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am trying to also wipe out fear this year. Jump from the ledge. Set sail!

    ReplyDelete