Monday, March 19, 2012

100% Heart, Final Countdown, and Psyche Test #2

I promise I'll return to more substantial posting relatively soon. In the meantime, this happens to be my second post in an hour.  What is the blog world coming to?!  This is my day off running and I must have too much time on my hands.  But I'm soaking up this day because this week will be my hardest week yet!  Hope to top out at 70-75 miles and run all my workouts with 100% HEART!  Then taper time baby!!  How did THAT happen?!  I've had so much fun this time around.  And such a different kind of plan compared to my Brain Training from last time.  Last time I did way more speed workouts and I felt way more prepared to race faster 10k and 5k times during marathon training. I surely ran faster for all my runs except long runs...easy pace, recovery, etc.   But honestly, this time around, I think I feel more confident about hitting marathon pace for 26.2.  Hope it all comes together.  It will! Whatever happens will be just another experience that I will learn and grow from.  Whether I run a 3:30, 3:15, 3:22, 3:28...these are just numbers.  I'm still the same Amanda.  Pressure is coming off for this race and I'm going to focus on how enjoyable the process has been and how enjoyable the experience will be.  Ha, easier said than done but I can talk like I have my shit together, right?  


Focus for today:

  • Enjoy my two little ones that are home with me.  Fully!  Right now, mommy is on the computer and they are lost in a world of imaginary play.  The house is a horrible mess but LIFE is CALM and happy.  Savoring these moments even as I have my head stuck in the Internet world.  
  • Spend some time just sitting on the couch and reading a book for fun.  
  • Spend time in the plank position while I play cars with my little guy.  
  • Write thank you cards with my daughter for all her birthday presents.
  • Have SOMETHING planned for dinner. Other than veggies, chicken and quinoa.  Sure would be easier if I had an iPhone and could buy my first app which would surely be this Spinning Meals App. via the Spinning Cook.  More coming soon about this but if you are an app person and you want an app to make meal planning and shopping an easy and non stressful thing (unlike my reality), then you really must check this out. A really great giveaway in regards to this is coming soon so check out the app and let me know what you think!  



Okay, so nobody seemed to see what I saw in this picture below and now that I think about it, it really isn't very realistic looking.  Looks more like a row of fingers or guns if you look at it from the side.   




But surely I'm not alone in this picture from my daughter's classroom welcome sign!  I mean, really?  Was I the only immature parent in the classroom?  Apparently.  




Happy Monday!  
Amanda

16 comments:

  1. lol - I think I saw what you saw those are "rockets"!
    Wow a 70-75 mile week coming up - you go girl!
    When my mom and I finally make it to Boston, we are walking it and drinking coffee together. Our times are so different that we just want to enjoy the experience together. I think Boston is about celebrating your efforts of getting there - whatever that means to you!
    BTW - have you seen the new qualifying times for NY? 3:00hr for girls 39 and under wth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your last hard week of training Amanda. You are in fabulous shape and should be incredibly confident in your capabilities. You have put in the hard training and not it is time to absorb it.

    I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your perspective for you race... you're right, you'll be the same Amanda, whatever that number is. You had a great training season, I hope it shows in your marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you have your head on straight...in every way, Amanda! You are a jewel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very impressive heart rate graph you have too...BTW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an immature parent and see exactly what you do in the kids' picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha. that welcome pic is hysterical!!!!

    you are so strong and have done so well in training! you will be fantastic at the race! i could relate to what you said about numbers though...i literally had the same experience this weekend...i ran a very hilly half and the first one i have run since fall so I just wanted to try to do around 1:59...I ran 2:02 and felt like I should be disappointed but I felt like I had run so well...I realized whats the difference between 1:59 and 2:02!?! well...just 3 minutes...but i FELT awesome and I think that should count the most :) good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a great week, Amanda. LOL at that Welcome sign. My kids (I forget which one) brought home a drawing that looked just like sperm--I guess you just have to have that kind of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to hear the quiet confidence you have about your marathon. It's calm and in control. You seem to be trusting that you've done the work and know that whatever lies ahead you're prepared.

    Have a great rest day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's actually a really good idea - planking while playing cars with the boys. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, only one hard week left already! Time flies. I hope I can see you up in Boston somehow! Unfortunately we'll be staying in Lexington with friends and won't have a car, so that's kind of putting a crimp in my style, lol. We definitely need to try, though. I'll email you my info :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah, I can't believe it is so close! I'm so excited to cheer you on from Korea! :D

    oh, and I definitely saw the same thing you did. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to try that spinning meal ap... :-)

    BTW- Ordered 2 pairs of Brooks!! Thanks for answering all my shoe questions. Nicole was helpful too! I decided to order the Launch and Pure Flow. I'm SO EXCITED to run in them. I will let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penises with legs!!! What were those supposed to be?!? LOL.

    I am the worst at meal planning and shopping... I try hard, and end up forgetting about stuff I bought and then it goes bad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Amanda, once again I must say you are one amazing lady. I can't even run that fast to get a piece of chocolate cake. You continue to inspire and amaze me. You are gonna have so much fun in Boston, and enjoy the marathon like no other.

    And yes, I did see those penis people. I too went right there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We've had a lot of satisfied customers in 2012; we plan to close out the new year by offering some really cool stuff Moving Ink Blot Masks.

    ReplyDelete