Okay, I promise, no fake pooping or pretend cooking shows with weird voices today. But thanks for your comments and support on my last post. It would really be an honor and joy to get the opportunity to run with the Nuun team for Hood to Coast 2012!
Instead of shooting vlogs and odd videos to share, I'm just going to share a bit from my journal on this beautiful Friday morning. Thankful for the time I had to drink my coffee and have journal time with my kiddos (they have their own journal but they also helped with mine today). Love my Fridays this year!
" 3/23/12....Slowing myself down just a bit on this Friday morning in March. Knowing that these days are numbered. My time at home with my two younger kids without anywhere to go and everywhere a POSSIBILITY is precious! I love my Fridays with my sweet kids. The promise of family movie night, pizza and ice cream, and a Saturday morning to wake up late is just one of the many things that keeps me smiling today. And an easier day of Boston training today after an incredibly awesome peak week! Reminders everywhere that LIFE is RICH...a gift to savor. Even the toys scattered on the floor and the spilled cereal and milk on the table next to a pile of stinky clothes waiting to be washed are a reminder of this wonderful life to be lived. THANKFUL! A few highlights of gratitude today:
- Journal time with my sweet girl.
- Awesome week of training. 6x1ks were SOLID
- New possibilities with life, running, motherhood
- Family Night tonight
- Some very special running girlfriends (and non running girlfriends) that Encourage and LOVE me.
- Healthy kids
- Reminders to be in the Present before I miss out. So easy to get sucked into the "EVERYWHERE ELSE".
- Opportunities to use my gifts
- Ever loving husband and love of my life.
- Boston Marathon so close! A bit sad about one of my dearest friends who won't be there due to injury. She's provided so much love, strength and encouragement to me over the last couple years. I love her dearly and I've finally just accepted that she will be with me in spirit and heart. So much of my 26.2 in Boston will be run for and "with" her in my mind. I love you Jenn." (Still thinking of bringing you in blow up form just for kicks and good blog opportunities).
- 22 miles with Nicole on Sunday! Last really long run before Boston! So nice to have a compatible running partner for these runs.
Thanks for letting me share my life with you. Thankful for you. And great to meet some of you last night at the book reading for Train Like a Mother. Always nice to put faces with names. However, a little odd meeting people that seem to know everything about me (fake poops, skin stretching, motherhood stories, training, etc.) when I know very little about them. Ha! Felt a little naked last night.
Happy Friday! We are off to the Children's Museum to slurp up some sick germs. Isn't that what ends up happening at places like that??! Let's hope NOT! What makes your Friday special? Any fun weekend plans?