I'm a people person. Outgoing, social, energetic. I like to see friends and I'm usually not shy anymore when it comes to speaking my mind and being myself. I like to share my heart and tell you exactly what my story is without hiding things and most people who I love would tell you this is true. I value people who I feel safe enough with to do so. Many would consider me to be hyper and full of energy. Always going. I smile a lot. I love to connect with people beyond the surface. I crave REAL and vulnerable. I hate fake....especially when I find myself being fake. I guess most of the time I'm pretty extroverted. However, I'm starting to learn more and more about myself the past few days and I guess I never realized just how much of an introvert side that I have. It's almost like I NEED a certain amount of time with just myself in order to be the full Amanda around others. I need time to PROCESS things and be alone with my mind. I need time to put my feelings into words. I need time. More time than I ever knew. With just ME.
Currently I'm on family vacation in beautiful Sun River, Oregon. We are here with cousins, aunts, uncles and Grandparents. The sky is blue, mountains stunning, and temperatures just about PERFECT. There is an endless amount of activities to do including bike riding, canoeing, swimming, and horseback riding. Not to mention the magical moments that come from having a big house together....game nights, family dinners, watching the Olympics, cousin bonding....just BEING TOGETHER. So much Richness.
|Bike riding with Papa|
|Cross Training can come in MANY forms. My tempoish run will have to wait today...in the meantime, YEEHAW!|
Directly before this trip I had the opportunity to travel to Boston to spend 3 nights with some very dear girlfriends that have come to hold a pretty special place in my heart. Two very unexpected friendships. Gifts in the highest sense. We had a weekend of catching up, sharing our life stories, and listening/learning about one another. We were making up for all the time we've spent just having a relationship through e-mail/phone/text. It was such a special weekend. I can't possibly do it justice through words here but it is a trip that will forever stay etched in my heart/life story. It was also a very emotional trip for me. Taking a red eye flight there and then staying up quite late and getting lost in conversation that went so far beyond the surface of what I usually talk about with friends, meant one tired ME. I returned home a bundle of emotions, thoughts and FEELINGS that I couldn't quite put into words. I had so much that came to the surface. So much to process and such a heavy heart in saying farewell even though I knew I would still have communication. It was just too short.
|Life long friends can come in the most unexpected ways. Love these girls.|
After 16 hours of travel home (and 15 hours of processing it all), I came directly to my family vacation where everyone was already waiting for me. So, forget about catching up on sleep or trying to fit in workouts. This girl needs to catch up on some ALONE TIME so that I can be fully present with my family tonight. And the rest of the week. Especially since tomorrow is my 9 year anniversary with this amazing man:
|I love HIM SO STINKING MUCH!|
And here I am, at least 2 hours to myself. An empty house with nobody here but the dog, my pandora tunes, the sunshine streaming through the window, and time. Time for me to process. It took having a sore back and throat to opt out of the family bike ride to the pool but I know that they will return to a MUCH MORE CENTERED Amanda. An Amanda with more "Chi":
|Excited to read this book. Thanks for the loan AM. I think it will be good for me.|
- You should check out the new t-shirts from the Another Mother Runner store. I love how they asked a group of real running mamas to model their shirts. It was a fun morning. I think one of my favorites was this orange/red "high-mileage mom" shirt. I don't really consider myself a high mileage mom compared to say my friends I went to visit in Boston...Ha! But I'm higher mileage than I used to be...and besides...my favorite part about this is that it really makes me think of all the miles I get in during the day just from running around after my kids! That's the real high mileage...yes?! :)
- My training is just now picking back up again after my July 4th marathon. My coach has felt very strongly that I needed to take some down time so that my body can fully recharge. I agree with him. The one week that I pushed too hard, I was sick for 5 days so now I'm just trying to really make sure I'm listening to my body and taking care of myself so my immune system can be strong and I can stay HEALTHY for Hood to Coast Team After Nuun Delight!
- Today's workout is supposed to be 6 miles with 2 miles easy, 3 miles in 22:15, and 1 mile easy. I might push it to tomorrow since my throat kind of hurts and my back feels all messed up from something.
- We might have a big move coming up in the next year...not really ready to announce where it will most likely be just yet since we still need to visit so that we know if we want to take the leap. We are just wanting a new adventure. And if it works out for my husband's job, and our kids are up for it, we figure that now is as good of a time as any.
- I think change can be really good. I also am a creature of habit and like my routine and comforts.
- I feel a pretty strong vibe to make some big changes in my life right now and I know that they are for the right reasons. I'm in a different place with life, myself, my career, and so many other areas than I was even a year ago. I'm ready for a fresh "Something". We all are...this is a good feeling. Exciting really.
- As soon as I get 100% healthy (This will for sure require getting better SLEEP), I am going to wrap my head around some new running goals. I think I'm ready to set my sights on something to train for again. For now, it is all about getting these legs ready for some faster Hood To Coast Running.
- My husband is participating in the Cascade Lake Relays this weekend. He's so excited. I love sharing the love of running/fitness with my best friend/partner for life. Anyone else doing this relay?
Ahhh, even if NOBODY reads this post, it was so cathartic for me to have the time to just be alone and write something to help me clear my head. Writing is such a HUGE part of my processing...even if it is bad writing...just putting it all out there feels so good.
Follow Runninghood on Facebook or Twitter