Don't pay attention to what I'm talking about in the beginning. I think it is something about doing 10 in 30 seconds already...blah blah blah. But partway into it, my 3 year old gets in on the action with me. So fun!
Some random things in the Running Hood here at Runninghood:
* I've been posting like a fool so you might have a hard time keeping up. I posted about my new favorite running bra. I love it so much! I just might have to wear it for everything...running, swimming, normal wear. It is awesome!
* I really think I notice a difference with how I feel when I take this Udo's oil. Seriously. And I believe all the research I read about it.
* Ice baths are NECESSARY! They are so wonderful in how they help me recover faster after a long or hard run. I've felt great all day!
* Thank you so much for your Podcast suggestions. Why have I never tried podcasts before? It is a perfect world...long run or easy run + and interesting podcast means that i can learn, laugh, be entertained and keep myself from running faster than I should! Loved it. I flipped through some spiritual stuff, attempted a sermon, marathon talk, NPR, a Jeff Galloway Interview on walking breaks...hmmmm, not so sure I agree but interesting. This will be another blog post.
* I will add to that podcast post and include it in my running advice section of my blog for your reference if you are needing a good podcast to listen to on your next easy or long run or hey, if you're not a runner, maybe just for when you want to chill out!
* Running journals! I am so excited to hear from so many of you about your running journals that you are starting! yay! I can't wait to see them!
* Speaking of journals, I have had a few blog readers ask me about the different kinds of journals I write so I plan on doing a post on that soon. I keep a personal journal, marriage journal, running journal, and I write to each of my kids in their own journal (which includes other things). Oh, and Kovas suggested that maybe I start a bathroom journal. He's on to something there but I have to okay it with my agent before I mention it on my blog any further.
* 12 miles today. I tried to keep all my miles 8 or slower. Average 8:38 pace. Just where I wanted to be. Felt solid. A little bit of pain but my ice bath helped a ton!
* Day off of running tomorrow but I have a Chiropractor appointment. I'm going back for more Graston therapy. I don't have enough bruises already. Joy!
* This week in running. Might not go as planned. Will listen to my body and plan accordingly.
1. Anyone have the day off tomorrow for President's Day?
2. Did you do anything wonderful and exciting this weekend? I know that some of you ran races! I'm so happy to hear about all the positive race reports from this weekend. Go check out AM's PR at Running, Tri-ing and Living.