- I love Friday
- I love wine.
- I love wine on Friday
- I'm going to be a spectator at the Eugene Marathon this weekend. So many of you running! I'll be at mile 18. Look for me. Let me know if you want me to hold a sign, water bottles, flash you (Ha, kidding), shout a special phrase, etc. I'm there for you! I'm excited to see many of you but there is a special somebody who has come to mean a great deal to me that I'm specifically driving down for. Love you girl! I've got numbers for Meredith, Tasha and Raina. Would love your number too if you are running Eugene. Not sure what I'll do with them since my phone isn't so "smart" even though it thinks it is. I'm super excited to be on the spectator/supporter side of things. I hope you feel my smile at mile 18!
- In all my post-Boston Marathon afterglow, I was honestly entertaining the idea of running the Eugene marathon myself. Ha! My new coach put things in perspective for me about that one. Ha ha. Not that I could have run it if I even tried. Not running for 11 days now is a sure sign of this. What a wise coach who has helped me pull my head out of my a@$!
- I had my MRI today. Results won't be available to me for another few days.
- Honestly, I'm pretty peaceful about things right now. Things are as they are supposed to be. I'm surprisingly grounded considering I have had little to no exercise the past 11 days. If you don't count running around after 3 little kids and being an extremely hyper person that really doesn't slow down a ton.
- The MRI will show what it shows and I'm prepared for whatever comes through. I don't think it is anything too severe since I'm moving around quite well despite the aching in my crotch (pubic bone).
- So MUCH to be thankful for in this life. So much possibility. Even in the moments that catapult us off our desired path. When one door closes, many more can open.
- So excited about being on the Nuun Hood to Coast Team. I just know that this will be an experience of a lifetime and I will make some lifelong friends in the process. I've already learned so much about Nuun that has given me a new perspective and appreciation for the product. Not only is it environmentally friendly by eliminating wasteful plastic bottles, but it just MAKES SENSE when you think about what the athlete needs to stay hydrated and fully stocked on electrolytes (while still being able to take in carbs separately when needed) for the best possible performance. And it is kid friendly so the little sips that my kids insist on taking won't cause them to turn into some shriveled up blob of not-so-good-for-you.
- As eager as I am to get back into training and try to BQ before September so that I can be in Boston with so many of you next year, I am enjoying this down time. I am embracing the moments as they come. And hoping that I don't have an injury that will keep me from running for too much longer.
- Pizza is here. Time for family movie and pizza night. One our favorite traditions.
Happy Friday Friends. Thank you for YOU. Each and every one of you has touched my life in some way. Thank you for all your wonderful and supportive words lately.