* 3.2 miles on the elliptical in just under 32 minutes
* 1.32 miles of running on the treadmill (the last .5 was at 8 minute mile pace which is a huge step in my recovery! Seeing light at the end of the tunnel!) Felt Incredible!
* 32 lunges
* 32 squats without weight
* 32 push ups (2 sets of 16)
* 3.2 minutes of stretching (okay, might have been a bit longer but that ruins the 32 theme)
Now in light of motherhood, running and life in general, here is a list of random things on my mind.
1. Coming home to my husband and kids after a weekend away was absolutely wonderful! I missed them so much and from the love they gave me, I know they missed me too. Even though I feel crazy and unraveled many days, it is days like today that I remember how much I love motherhood and being a wife.
2. This is one of the gifts my husband and kids had for me for my birthday and to welcome me home.
3. And these:
4. Here is another one of my birthday presents and a book I'll be starting this week. And here is the link to the official Born To Run fan site: http://borntorun.org/
5. I'm also starting this new book called When Did I Get Like This? by Amy Wilson. I can already tell that it will be a book I will enjoy and can relate to as a mother with three kids under the age of six. I also enjoy reading her blog. She is real and makes me feel normal about my crazy mom moments.
6. The girls thought I could use some magic wands too. I think these might come in handy this week when I'm needing down time. They'll help to remind me to focus on the positives and be in the present with my children.
7. My appointment with my sports chiropractor today was awesome. Dr. Forcum was so excited to see the progress I've made and how great my hamstring is looking compared to last time! This makes my runner heart happy!
8. Sticking your head out of a moving limo in beautiful Napa Valley is a MUST. Really makes you feel like a kid again. Or a dog.
9. Life is too short to always be second guessing myself. I'm really hoping to work more on loving myself for all that I am and not trying so hard to please others. Every year of life I get a little better at this.
10. Life is so much better with daily exercise. Everything is more enjoyable: food, drink, family, body image. And if the exercise is running...Even Better for me!
11. Note to self: When getting together with a group of women for a girl trip, try not to talk the entire time and let the quiet and more reserved girls have enough wait time to get a word in too! Getting a break from kids was exciting and I could not shut up!
12 Fresh veggies and fruits are a must to have in my body every day! I just feel blah without it and really hope to be better about making good food choices. Vacation doesn't count.
13. Since I'm speaking of fruit, and just so nobody thinks we take ourselves too seriously around here:
What is something you get better at with age? or What is something you hope to be better at in your next year of life?