1. Okay, so is it too early to put our Christmas Tree up? We usually wait until after Thanksgiving but I really have the itch to do it today! My husband says absolutely not! But I say Why Not?!
2. This Tree topic makes me excited to tell you about my first giveaway that I have in the works for Monday! I'm so excited because I wanted it to be a giveaway that isn't just for runners but something that will reach the interests of all kinds of people! I know not everyone celebrates Christmas, but most people either know of someone or they themselves have a use for some kind of announcement, invitation or Holiday Card! And what's better than getting a set of custom made cards, invitations, or announcements for free?! All you'll have to do is send in a picture that you want to use. I have not ironed out the details yet but I'll have more to say about this giveaway soon!
3. Thank you for all your comments and feedback about the Cher Odum art I wrote about in The Beauty of Art, The Essence of a Runner. She is definitely working on coming up with something new. I know art is such a personal preference and what one person loves, another might take no interest in. Such is the beauty of art!
4. I ran 4 miles on the treadmill last night and reached another new level in my recovery! Today I think I'm going to try to get in 6 at an easy pace. Good news is that I don't feel any pain in my hamstring! I've been using my kinesio tape and stretching really good so this is helping. Thinking of all you that are coming back from an injury...I know how hard it can be to not run! Just keep focusing on the your goal and visualizing yourself running free and strong. Visualizing and remaining focused on healing and strength help speed up the recovery process!
A shout out to several NW blogger runners who are running in the EWEB Run To Stay Warm . Good luck ladies: Elkton Runner, Little Fruit Fly, Laurie, and Kim!
5. Holiday Traditions. I'm so excited for Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday. I love getting out my nice table cloths, dishes, decorations and music and making it a really nice dinner. I know for some it is a more relaxed day with football and eating on the couch all day but for me it more of a fancy occasion. I usually have everyone write down what they are thankful for (with some twist) and then we include them in our gratitude album where we can look back to all the past years and see how far we've all come in life. Everyone is so good about humoring me. They even agree to share their gratitude cards at the table before we eat. And the only thing that would make it more festive is a decorated TREE! ;)
What are your Thanksgiving Traditions?