Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Snapped Out Of It!

Yeah, I really don't know what was wrong with me last night when I came home from a MOMS group and all of a sudden starting pining away for my pregnant days.  What?!  I'm over it now.  I've recollected myself and now have a grip on my feelings of wanting to get knocked up again.  Good grief!  I think all I really  needed was a wake up call...a real one...with all three kids needing breakfast at the same time, forgetting to use their manners, and drawing on the floor with crayon.  This was enough.  But now they are all happily eating breakfast and reading their books so maybe it is time to think about another again.  Nope!  Done!



1.  So, I went to this Mom support group/night out type thing with a friend last night.  She's a new mom of two boys ages 2 and 4 so she's kind of having to adjust all at once to having kids.  Usually I'm pretty socially outgoing.  If anything, I'm usually the newbie that talks too fast, shares too much, and ends up eating my entire foot by the end of the first 10 minutes because of my lack of verbal filter.  But last night was just weird.  It was like I was a fly on the wall with these strangers when really I was sitting at the same shared coffee shop table.  They were talking about running, races, getting in shape and all kinds of topics that you'd think I would jump in on but I didn't.  I just kind of sat there and listened.  I half expected them to ask me some more questions or say "what about you?" but they really didn't.  I think eventually I revealed that I'm a runner but it took the entire couple hours.  One woman was sharing how she had to bite her child to teach them a lesson about not biting friends.  She had a Love and Logic (parenting theory) book in her hands and I said something like "Well, Jim Faye (writer of the book) wouldn't agree with the biting part...I was only joking because I'm sure I'd bite my kid too. Ha, but the look on her face was like I just told her she was a bad mom.  Then my awkward filter laking personality came to a flair and I felt compelled to share random stories from my own life as a mother to make her feel better.  Maybe I'll go back.  Maybe I won't.  Part of me doesn't think I have much in common with these women but I'm trying to give things a chance past the first time.

2.  Running, Running, Running! I'm going to try to do some repeat 800s today before going to get a free sports massage that I won!  I also have an appointment with my chiropractor for some torturous Graston Technique therapy.  My hamstring has been feeling a ton better.  However, the past few days, I've felt it a little too much for my liking.  It is almost as if it is just groaning at me...a dull ache.  Not so sure the 800s are the best idea so I am going to play it by how I feel when I get out there to run.  I also need to look into purchasing a foam roller.  I'm thinking this might be beneficial.  Yesterday I used a can of spray paint to roll out my hammy...not too shabby.

3.  Random.  Does anyone out there know of anyone who plays World of Warcraft?  Just curious.

Happy Tuesday!  How are you in new social situations?  Are you chatty, quiet, nervous?  


Amanda

15 comments:

  1. My ex husband plays WOW. He can't pay his child support or his bills, but he can afford that subscription. Don't get me started.

    The MOMS group sounds a little clique-y, but it also sounds like you have a lot of common interests. I'd give it another try (assuming this is your first...maybe I misread) before ruling it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gone to a couple of mom's groups too and I never felt like I belonged. It's weird because you would think that we would have had some things in common, but we didn't. I was bummed at first, but then got over it pretty quickly. Maybe someday I'll find a group that's a right match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom support group . . . you deserve an award just for going. I get all weirded out by these "groups". Maybe I'm just grouping with the wrong people. It just seems to be oone big huge judgement fest.....not for me. AGAIN, I'm sure I'm just with the wrong "support group" but yay you for going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the rough time at the meeting. Motherhood is just hard - i know that isn't brain science but I think we are a big tough on ourselves.

    I know some people who play warcraft

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that sounds like a painful experience (the mom's group more than the graston!). As to the 800s--hold off until you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you snapped out of that ha!! You are hilarious. It depends on the group....sometimes I am so shy and other times I can't shut up. Bummer about the groaning hamstring.

    P.S. Thanks for the compliments...you made my day. Oh and Billy loves the blog...except when I make too much fun of him. He is super busy with school so he is really supportive of it so that he can actually do his homework. What does your husband think of blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.P.S a 5:25 mile??? Who are you and when will I see you in the olympics?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel you on the Mom group front. Sometimes I wonder what planet they are from. All these theories and all this snobbery and usually their kids are the mini whack jobs of the group. I just sit back, make internal commentary and take all the mojo in with a grain, okay a block of salt (<;

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i hate those moments where you make a joke and they take it all serious!!

    800s...ewwww and yet I think those are on my plan next week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes i sit back too which is weird for me. I'm not a huge love and logic fan, not that you were asking my opinion. some of it makes perfect sense and some I could do without. I don't think I'd bite as a means of teaching a kid not to bite. Seriously. Once I swatted my son on the butt for hitting his sister and realized what a hypocrite I was.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My son used to play World of Warcraft obsessively. It's a miracle he ever passed high school, let alone got into University.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm awful in new social situations. I consider myself outgoing but for whatever reason I get pretty weirded out in situations like that too. They sound like they were just interested in themselves. Too bad... good for you for giving it a shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that picture freaked me out for just a second. We do the graston tech at my work and it's amazing!
    I'm never good at first in new social scenes.
    Love and logic seemed to sing-songy for me. I settled for democratic parenting (there's a book, but it's pretty sweet)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to hear what you think about your chiropractor, I have been flirting with the idea of going to one. Also, I say get a foam roller! I don’t like to say things “changed my life” but a foam roller changed things for me as an athlete, they are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm totally awkward in new situations. I'm get really quiet and turn bright red when I talk to someone new which is unlike me normally. Good luck getting me to shut up after you meet me though.
    5:25 mile? Holy cow! I would even be happy to run under an 8 now!

    ReplyDelete