A few of you asked why I removed my post yesterday. Truth is, I don't really know. Sometimes I do that. I put myself out there in one way or another and then just feel weird about it and end up finding comfort in keeping to myself. I know it sounds weird. I think it also comes at times that I'm feeling most critical of myself. Do you ever get that feeling like you're doing a lot of everything but NOTHING really well?! That's kind of how I feel lately. I'm doing a lot of things half-ass...parenting, summer activities, sticking to goals, friendships, marriage, my job as a SAHM, etc. I know, I know, I can be too hard on myself sometimes, YES, and this isn't a pity party post...just more of putting things out there. And truthfully, I'd rather have my most recent post on my blog be something other than a post about Sagging Fairy Boobs and stretching my stomach skin.
Today I figure I would make this post more of an online journal. How's that for vulnerable? No, I won't be including any too personal tidbits but I am going to share a few of my goals for the week/day. Putting them out there even if nobody reads them or cares, helps me feel accountable.
* Cooking/Healthy Eating. I DISLIKE cooking. I CAN cook. I can follow recipes, prepare food, etc. but it is SOOOO not enjoyable for me. Thinking of things to make, making a menu, grocery shopping. Probably one of my least favorite parts of daily living. If I could I would hire a personal chef. Which seems to be my husband most days. I will get a grip with this and start making a menu. Please share your favorite Healthy recipes that are easy to shop for and prepare!
* Training. I've been loving having no training lately. It has been nice to just not run if I don't feel like it. But having the routine in my life is good for me so I'm going to start a half marathon training plan partway through. I will be doing the easiest level in Matt Fitzgerald's Brain Training Book. This will allow for days off, lower mileage, etc. I won't be training to the max but just something on the calendar and if I feel like skipping, then I will. I'm not all about hard core right now. Today's workout will be repeat 1k's at 5k pace. Goal is to do 3 of them at 6:25/6:30 pace.
* Family Vacation. I am feeling the need to just disconnect from things. I want to get away to the mountains, nature and just be in a gorgeous setting with my family. My first choice would be to drive to Western Colorado to visit our friends near Aspen but the 20 plus hours of driving with our kids doesn't sound so appealing. We are thinking Idaho now. Let us know if you have some suggestions.
* Motherhood. Create some summer fun. I feel like I've been waiting for summer to come (still) rather than living in the moment and making fun when we can. The Sunshine is out today! But even if it is grey and cloudy like it has been, I still need to create some fun memories. Can't wait for life to come to us...we have to make it happen! And why why why is it so hard to be present with my children??! I think I'll be working on this one for a long time. Speaking of that, they are getting up now so I'm about to get off this thing and go create some summer fun!
* Reading Real Books. There are so many books I want to read. I want to spend less time on the computer and more time getting through the books I have started.
* Marriage. Today I will be booking a night away for our anniversary. If we were not planning a family vacation, going camping, and paying to travel to Washington for my husband's marathon, we'd be going away for a weekend. But one night away will be nice too. We are thinking of just going to the Grand Lodge, one of the many Mcmenamins restaurants, breweries, old hotels, movie theaters around here. Pretty cool places.
* New Friendships. Tomorrow I get to meet one of my favorite blog friends, Raina! I'm so very excited to see her in real life since she has come to be such a dear friend through e-mail, the blog world, etc.
* Q and A. I was tagged in this a couple of times and I do plan on doing it soon.
* Zensah compression tights review and Run With Amanda
Oh, and Hood-to-Coast is coming up soon! Another reason to start training a little. I just found out I'm leg 10. Are you running HTC?