seeing the smile,
the arms moving in tune with his funky dance
and morning party music...
My two year old son, wild and free,
giving his Mama a
Morning Wake Up Dance...
crashing into my bedside table,
knocking over a few piles of books I've been working through,
and exhibiting way too much energy for what I can relate to at this time in the morning.
But there is Nothing quite like it...
Nothing quite like the Immense Joy he brings to my heart and the HUGE SOUL SMILE he fills me up with.
How's that for waking up on a Monday morning? A moment I'd love to freeze in time. My boisterous bubbly boy, without a care in the world...only having joy without worry and the mindset that he will be
Making Today Great!
He is making his day great! For him, that means starting the day with music, jumping, and "Tearing it UP!"
Watching my son this morning filled me such a feeling of completeness. For that moment while I watched him demonstrate his moves while blaring the music on an early Monday morning and shouting "Let's Dance Mommy! I get music for you!", all my other thoughts, worries, obsessions, "to-dos"....none of them mattered. It was just this early morning moment making me realize that Today IS GREAT!
Today will be great! Today will be great for so many reasons.
Today will be GREAT because:
- I spent time in my journal. With coffee and morning sunshine. This always brings me back to myself and reminds me what is important in life. It has been way too long since I've had this SOUL FOOD! 2 months actually. Wow, can't let that happen. Must make time at least once a week for this.
- I will have my first workout in a week since my Marathon last Monday. Yep, have not worked out one little bit. Not once. Felt great! But I'm ready to SWEAT!! Seriously, something to be said about making the day GREAT with exercise!
- I will remember that summer is going fast--this precious time with my kids is but a blink and then school will start and we'll be back to schedules, early bedtimes, rain, homework...all good stuff in their own time but not now.
- I will remember that having a messy house and toys scattered around me is a sign of the tiny life around me that I will be enjoying.
- I will tell myself that it is okay to NOT have the next BIG RUNNING GOAL! It is okay to just BE. And enjoy exercise and running because it is what helps bring meaning to my life.
- I will enjoy reading real books that are not on the computer. Books add to my life in some way and make me see the world from a different perspective. Right now I'm reading Book Thief by Markus Zusak and still reading Born To Run (never said I was a fast reader or rather a reader with an attention span and endless time to read without my kids distracting me).
- I will make healthy choices with how I feed myself and my family!
- I will continue to reread my journal and enjoy old gratitude lists, kid art, memories and other stuff that made my heart full. LIke this one:
Today WILL Be Great!
Make it that way!
Enjoy the little things
The BIG things.
The "Something Like Its"
The "Nothing Like Its"
That make you stop in your tracks and realize that
Life is GREAT!
How will you make your day great today?